Thursday, August 21, 2014

LifeLines #2

Feeling depressed, anxious or stressed?  

LifeLines offers biblical wisdom as a source of HOPE for today and tomorrow.

 

 

Hear my cry, O God; listen to my prayer.  From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the foe.  Psalm 61:1-3


When you are feeling distressed who do you call out to?  Who hears your cry?  As people who have been created to be in relationship with other people, we rightly call out to our peers or professionals for help.  But beyond the human relationships that are so necessary in our lives there is a divine relationship that enables us to call out to someone who is higher than us.  You can call out to someone who is far enough removed that He can see your life from a broader perspective, yet close enough that He knows your inner most needs.  He is strong enough to lift you up when you are down, yet sensitive enough to come alongside you and listen to the cry of your heart.  He is a safe refuge where you can retreat when you are feeling weak and find strength to face any conflict in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment