Monday, December 10, 2012

Transformed Lives

On a night like this when there is little of interest on television, I default to our ever growing DVD library where I find myself gravitating to movies with a common theme of life transformation, reflecting one of my many passions.  There is something incredibly inspiring about movies where a teacher or a coach take a group of troubled kids and radically transform their lives.  When noone else believes, they have faith; when everyone else see overwhelming problems, they see unrealised potential; when everyone else has given up, they stay committed.


I think what attracts me to these movies is that they align with my faith perspective that no life is too broken that it can't be restored.  I passionately believe in a God who is in the business of transforming lives.  This God went to extraordinary lengths to provide a pathway to restoration through the life of Jesus Christ.  Jesus affirmed this life transforming mission when he said, "I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." (John 10:10, NIV)  The fullness of life that comes through Jesus is both a present transformation and a promise of what is yet to come!

"But there’s far more to life for us. We’re citizens of high heaven! We’re waiting the arrival of the Savior, the Master, Jesus Christ, who will transform our earthy bodies into glorious bodies like his own. He’ll make us beautiful and whole with the same powerful skill by which he is putting everything as it should be, under and around him." (Philippians 3:20-21, The Message)

No comments:

Post a Comment