Monday, October 8, 2012

Don't Trust In Your Riches, But Trust In God

40 Day Spiritual Journey to a More Generous Life
Day 8 - Don't Trust In Your Riches, But Trust In God

"Are you rich?  Did you realize that if you personally make more than $1500 per year you are richer than 75% of the world's 6+ billion people!"  (Brian Kluth)   
 

To consider myself among the top 25% of the richest people on the planet is a very confronting statistic. I understand the perspective that my "wealth" is proportional to our economy, however, I believe that we should allow the implications of this statistic to challenge our spirits for a while. It is irreconcilable for me to give thanks for what I have and at the same time ignore what others don't have. My gratitude to God is best expressed in generosity to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment