Tuesday, October 16, 2012

A Group Of Leadership Gifts Can Glorify God

40 Day Spiritual Journey to a More Generous Life
Day 16 - In Building Projects, a Large Public Gift and a Group of Leadership Gifts Can Glorify God and Result in Great Generosity and Rejoicing


"Now then, who will follow my example?  Who is willing to give offerings to the Lord today?"  (1 Chronicles 29:1-9)
 

The axiom "everything rises and falls on leadership" applies in this area of corporate giving.  Leaders must lead by example if they want to motivate a group of people to give to any cause or project.  I was challenged by this truth many years ago by being asked to lead the Self Denial Appeal in my home church.  At that time I was only nominally giving to this appeal, but I knew that if I was to have any credibility in leading the appeal, then I needed to significantly step up in my giving.

No comments:

Post a Comment