Friday, September 28, 2012

Heart of Worship

If there is one thing that touches my heart as a father, it is to watch my children engage in passionate worship!  This photo was taken at the South Australia Creative Kids Concert and captures a precious moment that stirred deep feelings of joy and pride as I watched my daughter express her love for God.

I can only imagine the depth of what I felt as a human father would be but a drop in the ocean compared to what our Heavenly Father feels when His children expresses a heart of worship towards Him.  

Rick Warren describes Worship as "anything you do that brings pleasure to God."  Just as my children bring me immense pleasure when they express their love for me as their dad by their words and actions, I pray my life will bring pleasure to my Father through a perpetual expression of love in thought, word and deed.

 
Take my life, and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee;
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in ceaseless praise.

Take my hands, and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love;
Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee.

Take my voice, and let me sing
Always, only, for my King;
Take my lips, and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee.

Take my silver and my gold;
Not a mite would I withhold;
Take my intellect, and use
Every power as Thou shalt choose.

Take my will, and make it Thine;
It shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart; it is Thine own;
It shall be Thy royal throne

Take my love; my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure-store.
Take myself, and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee.

Frances Ridley Havergal
(1836-1879)


No comments:

Post a Comment